Your Global Freight Forwarding Solution!
Rail Freight and Logistics
Move even the most complex freight using dependable rail logistics and rail freight transport solutions.
What is Rail Logistics Service?
Rail transportation focuses on effectively delivering bulk materials over long distances through the railroads’ extensive network of rails. Rail service can only travel between buildings or yards that are specifically designed to handle the bulk freight it was designed to transport because it must stay on the rails.
Rail logistics service is best for businesses that need to ship more than 120,000 pounds of material at the same time to the same place.
Advantages of Rail Freight Logistics
While trains may occasionally encounter delays, rail freight transport is still more punctual than road transport because they don’t get stuck in traffic jams. What’s more, railway authorities strictly control railroad capacity.
Thefts from rail freight containers are generally uncommon since it’s difficult for thieves to approach a train and unload them from a container on a rail wagon. In contrast, it’s simpler to approach trucks when they’re parked at rest areas; therefore, theft is more frequent.
Rail freight is a significantly more environmentally friendly mode of transportation. It produces much less CO2 because it’s frequently electrically powered and can move large amounts on a single train.
A single driver may carry more containers over longer distances with proportionally fewer rest stops when using rail freight transportation. Electrical power is frequently used to power rail freight transit, avoiding fuel surcharges and changes in the price of oil.
Equipment Used for Rail Logistics Service
Railroads use a variety of equipment on their lines to transport freight. Let’s go over the different types and their intended uses, as each has a specific purpose:
- Automotive racks – Designed to move cars, SUVs, mini-vans, and trucks.
- Boxcars – Designed to move huge bulk commodities like paper stock rolls that are crated, palletized, or in bulk.
- Refrigerated boxcar – Used to ship frozen foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, and other perishable products that require temperature control.
- Centerbeams – Used too carry bundled construction materials. It holds the product in place with a middle partition.
- Container cars – Allows containerized cargo to move directly from ship to train.
- Covered hoppers – Used to transport dry bulk products that flow freely and are loaded from the top; the product is then released from the bottom.
- Tank cars – Used to ship liquid or compressed commodities like petroleum or chemical-based products.
- Coil cars – Used for coiled steel, steel plate, and other high-grade ores.
- Flatcars – Designed in various lengths and tonnage capacities to transport various commodities that won’t be damaged by the outdoor elements.
- Gondolas – Used to move big bulk commodities like aggregates, scrap metal, coal, lumber, and others that can’t be damaged by the elements.
- Open-top hoppers – Used to transport hefty, dry-bulk goods that are resistant to the weather.
- Schnabel car – These are meant for large, heavy loads like transformers are are designed so that the load becomes part of the car. A pair of arms hold the load in place and distributes the load evenly over the span of the car
- Specialized rail equipment – These are specifically designed to move specific commodities for a certain company.
How Can Freight Logix Help You with Rail Car Shipments?
Railroads have consistently been on the cutting edge of technological advancement throughout their existence. Such a sophisticated and intricate system essentially has its own communication network. For a shipper, learning and deciphering all of the business operations might be challenging.
Our experts with years of railroad logistics experience will help you negotiate and schedule your freight for transportation.
Contact Freight Logix today to get a custom, efficient railroad logistics solution for your business.
Building relationships one client at a time. Put our 65 years of combined industry experience to work for you!
In today's fast-paced business environment, partnering with a trusted logistics provider like Freight Logix can make all the difference in achieving your goals and staying ahead of the competition. Our expertise in handling complex supply chain operations, coupled with our commitment to delivering exceptional customer service, makes us the ideal partner for businesses of all sizes and industries. By choosing Freight Logix for your logistics needs, you gain access to our experienced team, state-of-the-art technology, and extensive network of resources, ensuring that your products are delivered to their destinations on time and in perfect condition.
At Freight Logix, we understand that each client's logistics requirements are unique, and we pride ourselves on providing customized, end-to-end solutions that address your specific needs. Our innovative approach to logistics management not only streamlines your supply chain operations but also offers valuable insights for continuous improvement and growth. By leveraging our industry knowledge, advanced analytics, and cutting-edge technology, we help you optimize efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance your brand's reputation in the market. Trust Freight Logix to be your dedicated logistics partner, and experience the benefits of our expertise, flexibility, and commitment to your success.
Don’t take a chance ... call 714.369.2188 or Email Freight Logix today and get your freight job done right. Our work is guaranteed ... we won't stop until the job's done right and to your satisfaction!